Friday, August 21, 2009

Nom Nom Truck - Let it begin!

A while ago I posted about my friend Misa's new food truck, nom nom (re: The Nom Nom Truck). Well they just had their soft launch, kick off with a friends and family launch party last saturday! They had it in west la and served up some yummy bahn mi sandwhiches and tacos.


In case you're curious, this is what their chicken taco looks like:

and this is what the bbq pork sandwhich looks like... IN MY MOUTH! YUMMMMM

I tried to take a shot of the menu, but it's pretty dark. They have a nice range of options and even have a vegetarian dish which according to Nick was pretty good. My favorite part is their pickeled carrot/daikon salad which ends up on everything. yum.

They also have a great drink selection: Tea's tea and vietnamese coffee which if you never tried before YOU HAVE TO. it's really great tasting coffee with sweetened condensed milk on ice... mmmm...

The event was really fun and had a great turn out! I ran into a bunch of people I know from UCLA... like a mini reunion! They also had Beard Papas sponsoring and this giantic cake:
The three hapas you see in the picture are the three founders. Misa is on the left - I'm so happy for her! This truck thing seems to be working out well! They're getting a ton of press and just got written up by Urban Daddy yesterday.

And here's the truck/their logo in the day light (super cute and SOOO totally misa):

If you're in the LA area and hungry for vietnamese, you can track the truck on their site or via twitter: nomnomtruck.com

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant post.. This is really a well laid out website. I like how you have presented the information in full detail. Keep up the great work and please stop by my site Forestry trucks sometime. Keep it up..

    ReplyDelete