Monday, August 3, 2009

Frisky in Frisco

Hit up the bay area this weekend for family time/friend time. It was my grandma's 80th birthday, so we had a mini chan reunion in palo alto to celebrate! It was complete with studio family portrait, which you could only imagine was chaotically hilarious. We a "silly picture" which basically means Vicki and I made some ugly faces and everyone else looked the same.

Me and Grandma rockin the stunna shades

Me and the cousins. i am giant.
(we didnt have the complete set - I have like 10 cousins on this side of the fam)

Grandma loves mah jong so we baked her a "Fat Choi" tile cake.
There was lots of green spray and frosting on that cake. Lots.
And not enough peaches (my bad)



And then my dad showed off his dancing skills at dinner...
i dont know where he's picking up this stuff.


The later that night I went up to San Fran and bar hopped with Vicki/Berkeley + Liz crew. Ended up staying at Adri's place in the city. It is NUTS. I don't know how he worked himself into this hook up, but he's staying for free at his hs friend's place in the city. It's 5 stories, 8 bed rooms, and only 4 boys. I got my own room when I was there! I can't really describe how baller this situation is, but this is the view from the house:
(golden gate bridge view, no biggie)
and this was their kitchen. They also had stain glass and a fresco thing on their cieling. I know where I'm staying next time I'm in the city!!

Sunday I met up with the Berks + Liz crew again and we went to this park:
Adam came! Way to flutter to the city butterfly!
We had burma! mmmm tea leaf salad

So lots of fun... followed by a 2.5 hour delay on my flight back to LA. I didn't get in until 2am. ugh. At least the rest of the weekend was good!

No comments:

Post a Comment