Monday, October 31, 2011

Hallowinteryween


 My first Halloween In NYC! That's totally a lie, I've flown in to NY for Halloween the past 3 years. (Still surprised I moved to NY...).

This was a weird one because it SNOWED! Apparently this is the first time it's snowed in October since the Civil War. This is not a good sign for the winter to come.

As ya'll know I like to make my costume. Given I just moved to New York, started a new job, and am still using a paper box as a kitchen table, I haven't had much time to figure out a costume. Good thing I came across the Chelsea street market and found oversized hoodies for $7! Turned a blue one into a bird costume.

Also big thanks to Liz for packing a hot glue gun for me! When I was unpacking the boxes she did, I'll be honest, I was pretty confused by some of the things she deemed packing worthy (piano sheet music book? really? what am i going to do with that here liz...). I thought the glue gun was another one of the items to fall under the useless category until I made my WHOLE COSTUME out of said glue gun + mini sewing kit! boom. like a boss.
I went with Ana and her coworkers to Canal Room for an 80s dance party.

Red Bull, Blue Bird, and an Ear of Corn. SOOOOOO 80s
Just met these guys 15 minutes ago, but we look like BFFs ammiright?! #instantfriendship
Ana doesn't like this picture, but it's better than the others. come on girl, keep your eyes open!
The dedicated party monsters who braved the snow to shake some bootay
This one's for smeggs

No comments:

Post a Comment