Thursday, October 6, 2011

I'm in New York, trick | Departure

It happened! One way ticket to New York. Tingles of excitement. 

I've spent the past couple of weeks frantically packing, so haven't even begun to think about the significance of leaving LA. Also when I say "packing" I really mean "getting too frustrated with sorting everything out so just trashing it instead". Apparently living in the same city for 22 years turns you into a hoarder.

This pretty much sums up my experience packing: uncovering items I didn't even know I had (floppy disk? really? really. this should be in a museum) and bear playing in boxes.

mustn't forget to pack the cat!

Speaking of the Bear Taking Flight saga, it actually went ok! There was one part of having to pull her out of the carrier and physically hold her through the x-ray machine that was slightly traumatizing, but overall it went scratch-free. 

Here we are chillin in the lounge before the flight:
wine, cheese, and watermelon. you fancy huh


Here we are settling in to first class (baller shot caller, thanks for the miles dad!)

I'm still slightly perplexed as to how airlines allow pets on flights (what if you have allergies? or cat scratch fever?) so I packed some benadryl and prepared a "sorry about the dander" speech. But the people around me had screaming kids so I quickly became anti-apologetic. 

ptfo for about 3 hours and woke up in new york! 

let it begin!





No comments:

Post a Comment